Some of your best memories are formed when on vacation. Staying at NYA Hotel, Not Your Average Hotel, puts you near everything you need to make those long-lasting memories. From remembering the thrill of parasailing over crystal waters to laughs shared over a drink at a local bar, you’ll look back at your Key West getaway for years to come. One of the best ways to solidify those memories is by taking pictures of your Florida adventures in Key West.
What You Need to Take the Best Vacation Photos
There are a few things you need to take professional-level photos on your Key West vacation. While most cellphones today can take high-quality photos, nothing beats a point-and-shoot camera. You’ll want one that’s small, lightweight, and easy to use. A bonus is a camera that has features like WiFi for easier transferring.
Other things to keep in mind while out exploring and taking photos are the time of day, how you’re framing the shot, and how your camera is set up.
Where to Take Insta-Worthy Photos in Key West
In addition to catching candid shots on your various adventures, there are some key spots throughout the island that should be on every photo checklist.
- Southernmost Point’s giant buoy is one of the most recognizable landmarks in Key West. The Atlantic Ocean in the background makes the colors of this attraction pop.
- You’ll have plenty of photo opportunities at Mallory Square’s nightly sunset celebration. Take snapshots of the performers, crowd, and, of course, the breathtaking sunset.
- If you’re looking for panoramic views, climb to the 88 steps it takes to get to the top of the Key West Lighthouse. For a different backdrop, return later in the day for the sunset experience.
- Some of the most colorful houses are found within Bahama Village. Explore this 12-block area taking in the buildings painted with pastel shades and the market filled with local shops and stands.
- Duval Street takes on a whole new appearance after sunset. Capture the neon lights coming from bars on the famous street and the crowds wandering from one place to the next.
You never know what you might see during your excursions, so be sure to charge your camera every night back at our adults-only hotel.
Remember Every Moment of Your Key West Escape
After every adventure-filled day during your Florida getaway, lounge by one of the pools at NYA Hotel looking back at your pictures of Key West. Located just steps from Duval Street, our hostel-style hotel is just minutes away from some of the best photo-worthy attractions.
Our rooms are designed to host groups of all sizes. The private rooms can accommodate up to six people, while solo travelers may enjoy the shared spaces. No matter what room you stay in, you’ll have access to all our on-site amenities, a private locker, and an en suite bathroom. Don’t forget to share your photos using #IShareAtNYAH! Book your stay online today after checking out our current offers.