Despite being a small island, Key West is full of exciting things to do and see, including unique neighborhoods and corridors. Some of these areas are well known, like Duval Street or Mallory Square, while others are a little more off the beaten path. One of the oldest neighborhoods in Key West is Bahama Village. During your stay at Not Your Average Hotel, NYAH, make the quick drive to this unique neighborhood to see another side of the Florida island.
A Guide to Exploring Bahama Village
Located in a 12-block area between Whitehead, Fort, Angela, and Catherine streets, Bahama Village is the original area where the first black Bahamian settlers arrived in the 19th century. Many of today’s residents can trace their roots to the Abacos in the Bahamas. Today, this neighborhood is known for its shops and restaurants.
During your getaway, leave time to explore the streets. You never know what unique finds you might stumble upon.
- Stop by Blue Heaven, a well-known breakfast spot if you skip the continental breakfast at our adults-only hotel.
- Grab a sweet treat from La Creperie, like one of its delicious crepe creations.
- Wander in and out of the shops and kiosks found in the Bahama Market.
- Listen to incredible music, including reggae, junkanoo, and calypso.
- Take in the colorful architecture, like houses decorated in pastel shades.
Explore All That Makes Key West Unique
Whether exploring the streets around NYAH or checking out neighborhoods like Bahama Village, there’s plenty to discover during your next Key West getaway. Made up of private and shared rooms, our hotel near Duval Street offers a relaxing retreat after an adventure-filled day. Make the most out of your stay by enjoying our nightly happy hour, swimming in one of three pools, and utilizing other on-site amenities. When booking your stay, don’t forget to see how you can save with special offers. Don’t forget to share photos of your escape by using #IShareatNYAHotels.