Key West is home to countless adventures just waiting for you to discover them. However, you don’t have to wait until you check into NYA Hotel for the fun to begin. Start your vacation the minute you begin your drive from Fort Lauderdale to our Key West hotel. At just about four hours, this drive is the perfect road trip to start our Florida getaway.
What to See and Do on Your Road Trip
There is one main route from Fort Lauderdale to Key West. Keep in mind there are tolls, so you will need coins to pay for them. Consider taking your time on your way to and from our adults-only hotel near Duval Street, so you can explore stops along the way.
- Play tourist before heading out of Fort Lauderdale by visiting Secret Woods Nature Center. This park along the New River is home to a butterfly garden and nature trail.
- Say hi to the animals that call Zoo Miami home. This is the oldest and largest zoological garden in the state and features animals of various species.
- Take in beautiful artwork at the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum. Found on the Florida International University campus, this museum’s collection is made up of art that spans years and cultures.
- Wander a former limestone quarry with a stop at Windley Key Fossil Reef Geological State Park. Enjoy a bit of hiking on the 1.5 miles of trails found throughout the park, or go on a guided tour offered seasonally.
- Make a stop in Marathon to visit Crane Point Hammock. This nature center and historic sites features a museum, lagoon, nature trails, and a bird rescue center.
Don’t feel like you have to cram all the stops into your drive down to our hotel near Duval Street. These attractions will be there to visit on your way back to Fort Lauderdale.
Discover All That Makes Florida Unique
When you drive from Fort Lauderdale to Key West, you give yourself a mini-vacation before even arriving at NYA Hotel. Not Your Average Hotel. After the drive, your accommodations at our downtown Key West hotel will feel even more comfortable.
We offer both private rooms, which can accommodate groups of six, and shared rooms, ideal for solo travelers. Unwind with a dip in one of our three pools, and be sure to stop by our continental breakfast before heading out for the day. Reserve your stay today with a click of the button after looking into how to save on your stay. Be sure to share photos of your stay using #IShareAtNYAH!