Located off Florida’s coast, Key West has everything you need to enjoy a tropical escape without having to leave the U.S. Explore the tranquil waters on a boat tour or soak in the sunshine on a bike tour. Whether you’re visiting for a bachelorette party or spring break getaway, there is plenty to do and see throughout the island, and NYA Hotels, Not Your Average Hotel, is close to them all. Not only are you close to top attractions when you stay at our Key West hotel, but you’re also near a top Cuban restaurant or two.
A Guide to the Best Key West Cuban Restaurants
Key West is only 90 miles away from Cuba, and there is a long cultural connection between the two islands. This connection can still be felt today, and one way to experience it is by dining at a local spot serving up delicious Cuban cuisine.
- If you’re exploring Mallory Square, be sure to stop by El Meson de Pepe. After first opening on Duval Street in 1986, the restaurant moved to Mallory Square in 1997 due to growing popularity. Browse the menu, and you’ll find a wide variety of authentic Cuban food and drinks.
- Located in the heart of Old Town, El Siboney Restaurant is an excellent option if you’re looking for something off the beaten path. Loved by visitors and locals alike, this spot is known for its authentic Cuban creations at budget-conscious prices.
- Try something new by stopping by Fritas Cuban Burger Cafe. Try one of their signature fritas, which originated as street food in 1930s Cuba, or one of their other traditional Cuban or fusion sandwiches.
- Cuban Coffee Queen is a great option if you’re looking for a quick bite to eat. Since opening in 2009, this spot has been turning out traditional Cuban sandwiches and favorites for hungry guests. You can also get your caffeine fix with one of their Cuban coffee drinks.
- Found on the corner of Simonton and Greene Street, Ana’s Cafe Cubano is the ideal spot to stop for lunch after a bit of sightseeing. The menu is filled with everything from empanadas to hot and cold sandwiches. There are also sweet treats if you’re craving some dessert with your meal.
Expand Your Horizons on a Key West Getaway
From trying a new type of cuisine by dining at a Cuban restaurant to taking in views from a unique vantage point, you’ll soon find there are plenty of new things to experience when visiting Key West. With so much to experience, you want a hotel that puts you close to it all, and that’s precisely what NYA Hotels offers.
This hostel-style adults-only hotel features bunk accommodations that can sleep up to six people. Whether you stay in one of our private or shared rooms, you’ll have a cozy place to call home during your stay. All rooms come with a personal charging station, en suite bathroom, and private locker. Get one step closer to your next escape by checking out our special offers or booking your stay today. Be sure to use #IShareatNYAHotels when posting photos of your visit.