When the crowds of summer return home, Key West returns to its more quiet and laid-back atmosphere. However, that tranquility only lasts for so long. Every October, those looking for a good time that pushes the imagination make their way to Key West for Fantasy Fest. Now is the perfect time to start planning your visit to the annual festival. After booking your stay at NYAH, Not Your Average Hotel, it’s time to turn your attention to creating your perfect festival itinerary.
What Happens at Fantasy Fest
Fantasy Fest is a 10-day gathering known for bringing out people’s imaginations and creativity. It was started in 1979 by locals who wanted to find a way to attract visitors to the island during what is generally a quiet season. Today, this annual gathering draws countless visitors from all over the world.
When planning your time at the festival, there is no shortage of things to do. The schedule of events is filled with a variety of activities. While the schedule is subject to change, taking a look at it now is a good idea so you can start to map out your must-experience parts of the festival.
- Look the part by getting body painting done by Captain Ron Wolek at General Horseplay on Caroline Street. You can book an appointment online.
- For another body painting option, head to Sunset Pier to be painted by artists from Femme Fatale Quatre Body Art.
- Experience island arts and crafts, food, and music in the heart of Bahama Village during the Goombay Festival.
- See the king and queen of Fantasy Fest be crowned during the royal coronation at the Truman Waterfront Park Amphitheater.
- Watch the Fantasy Fest Parade make its way on Duval Street from the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean. See colorful floats, bicycle brigades, and more entertain thousands of spectators.
Be sure to check and see what activities you need to make reservations or purchase tickets for.
Unwind at a Tranquil Key West Hotel
With so much to do and see during Key West Fantasy Fest, it’s important you find ways to enjoy a bit of a slower pace. By booking your stay at NYAH, you have everything you need for a mid-day break to rest up.
Soak in the sunshine by one of three pools at our adults-only hotel, or take an afternoon nap in your cozy room. Designed with groups in mind and close to Duval Street, our hotel is the perfect home base for anyone planning their visit to this annual festival. Reservations fill up quickly, so book your stay online today! Don’t forget to use #IShareAtNYAH when posting photos of your adventures.