There’s nothing more relaxing than laying out on a sandy beach listening to the waves roll in. If that sounds like an ideal way to spend your vacation, pack your bags and head to NYA Hotel. Found just steps from Duval Street, this adults-only hotel is close to the best public beaches in Key West, FL. Between visiting local distilleries, wandering museums, and cycling around town, be sure to leave time for a beach day.
A Checklist of Key West Beaches
Whether you want to kick back with your latest book or go for a swim, the beaches around Key West can accommodate whatever your perfect day on the sand looks like.
- Located on Atlantic Boulevard, Rest Beach is ideal for shelling. Pick up something to eat from a nearby restaurant to enjoy on the picnic tables before checking out the Key West Aids Memorial, which is found at the Edward B. Knight Pier entrance.
- South Beach is found on the southern end of Duval Street, making it a great addition if you’re spending time on the popular corridor. Go for a swim, or watch a breathtaking sunrise or sunset from Emma Carrero Cates Pier.
- If you’re looking for a smaller beach, visit Simonton Street Beach. This gulf-side spot includes restrooms and a boat ramp.
- One of the more popular beaches is Higgs Beach. Enjoy a wide sandy beach, a long wooden pier, and calm shallow waters. This spot is also home to a park with playgrounds, tennis courts, chair rentals, and more.
- Arguably the most well-known beach on Key West is Smathers Beach. Hosting over 100,000 visitors a year, this spot has jet ski rentals, volleyball courts, beach volleyball nets, restrooms, and shower facilities. There is a parking fee.
- In addition to a Civil War fort, Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park is also home to a beach. This beach is found at the southern end and is excellent for swimming, snorkeling, fishing, and paddling.
When packing for your beach day, be sure to grab plenty of sunscreen and water.
Unwind in Comfort at NYA Hotel
Whether planning the ultimate bachelorette party or a trip for two, NYA Hotel, Not Your Average Hotel, is the perfect home base. Be close to everything you could ever want on vacation in Key West, FL, including public beaches, incredible bars, and more.
Our adults-only hotel near Duval Street is designed for groups visiting Key West. Our private accommodations can sleep up to six, while the shared rooms can host up to four people. After your day out on the beach, relax by one of our three pools or check out the nightly happy hour. Be sure to share photos of your adventures using #IShareAtNYAH. Start planning your stay by checking out special offers and then reserving your stay online.