Between the price of travel and accommodation, vacations, while the perfect way to enjoy a bit of R&R, can add up. If you’re trying to save a few dollars on your Key West escape, don’t worry. There are numerous things to do in Key West for free or on the cheap. Some memorable but inexpensive adventures are right around the corner from NYAH, Not Your Average Hotel, making it the perfect home base.
What to Do in Key West That Won’t Break the Bank
While the activities listed below don’t cost an arm and a leg, that doesn’t mean they aren’t just as exciting and memorable as more expensive adventures. Try adding some of these outings to your itinerary to stretch your Key West vacation budget even further.
- Explore West Martello Gardens and Fort, the site of a former Civil War fort. Take in the beautiful flora that has weaved its way around the fort’s ruins. Admission is free, but donations are encouraged.
- One of the best free things to do in Key West is the Sunset Celebration. Taking place in Mallory Square, this nightly event features food vendors, local musicians, street performers, and, of course, breathtaking sunset views.
- Take your photo in front of the Southernmost Point Buoy. This attraction marks the southernmost point in the continental U.S. Before heading over, check the live feed to see how busy the landmark is.
- Follow the 12-stop walking tour from the Florida Humanities Council to discover some of the top attractions and landmarks in Key West. If you’ve already done this tour and are looking for another option, A Happy Passport is another great self-guided tour option.
- Learn about the Keys environment at the Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center, found in the Truman Annex. Operated by the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, this spot is home to interactive exhibits and audio.
Of course, one of the best free things to do in Key West is simply wandering around to see what exciting things you stumble upon.
Enjoy Incredible Amenities at NYAH
After checking out some of the fantastic free things to do in Key West, return to NYAH and take advantage of our phenomenal on-site amenities. Our adult-only hotel is home to three pools, a jacuzzi, nightly happy hour, and bike rentals. Some of these services are available at an additional charge but go a long way in making your stay even more enjoyable.
When you’re ready to rest up for another day of fun, settle in for a quiet night in the comfort of your bunk-bed-style accommodation. Browse our room options online, and reserve your stay with the click of a button. Be sure to share your photos with us by using #IShareatNYAH!